LF: energy saving bulbs

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: energy saving bulbs
From: Peter Cleall <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:33:35 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: [email protected]

A big thankyou to everyone who replied to my recent e-mails on energy saving bulbs.
I sent the message to 3 different lists and received 31 replies. The general conclusion seems to be that the only interference to radio listening in recent times have been with specific rogue bulbs, not specific brands.There was some useful advice on handling the hazards of disposal of bulbs. Some interesting dialogue on whether these bulbs were as efficient and as long life as claimed. Ideas that these bulbs were inappropriate for use where they were only on for very short periods, but suggestions that recent designs were better in all aspects of operation.

So I come to the conclusion that perhaps I will try some but will devise a means of comparing band noise in parts of the spectrum that interst me.

Then serendipity kicks in. We were on holiday this week some 600 km from home. Go into a charity shop to buy something for £1. and I am also given 2 free energy saving bulbs from Scottish Hydro Electric. They also decide that my wife can also have 2 bulbs. Now I have no excuse, I will have to try them when I return.

regards

peter