Re: LF: WSPR Distance

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: WSPR Distance
From: John P-G <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 23:19:20 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 22:59:39 -0000
"James Moritz" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dear John, LF Group,
>
> Yes, that's me... copy is looking very patchy at your QTH tonight. I
> see the others are copying OK, from G3XVL at around +12dB SNR, down
> to the -20s by more distant stations, so there does not seem to be a
> problem with the transmitted signal. I seem to be copying everyone
> OK, except G0NBD - but there is a weak carrier here on about 503.950
> which is probably QRMing him. You haven't changed PC by any chance...

Hello Jim,

No, everything is as normal here - same hardware throughout.

The waterfall shows your signal as bright red, despite no decode.
But... there's always a faint trace just a few Hz hf of you too, not
sure if it's being generated by you, or just coinicidence - nor if
that's the reason that you're not decoding. I normally have no problems
with you.

The 32:14 period had a bright trace from you, but no decode, and a much
fainter trace at 503.914 which decoded as G4WGT.

Could you move to 503.835 and see if the frequency separation between
you and Gary cures the decode failures?

John