Re: LF: Re: 137 kHz WSPR tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 137 kHz WSPR tests
From: John P-G <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 10:32:11 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 09:50:28 -0000
"James Moritz" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dear LF Group,
>
> The WSPR beacon is now QRT - I'm giving the electricity meter a
> rest :-)

Thanks for running it for so many hours Jim,

I didn't get a chance yesterday to do much monitoring, but I set up a
grabber to watch for OH1LSQ, and have kept each 5-minute capture
showing the range 136.7 - 136.9 overnight - with some interesting
results.

I've just reset my RX to allow both WSPR and the narrow grabber range,
and discovered that WSPR and Spec lab will happily work together at the
same time on the same PC!

I have tuned the RX to 136.000, in normal SSB bandwidth (previous WSPR
tests have used a 250Hz IF filter centred on 1500Hz / 137.500).

This allows the Spec Lab grabber to watch the same 136.7 - 136.9 window
for Paul-Henrik and WSPR to watch 137.500

Judicious adjustment was necessary, of the twin PBT controls to remove
the commercial QRM, but it seems to work okay.

Just need some WSPR transmissions to decode, to prove the theory.

The grabber image, updated every 5 minutes, is here:

http://www.sighthound.demon.co.uk/gm4slv/gm4slv_136800.jpg

Cheers,

John
GM4SLV