Re: LF: Noise

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Noise
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 13:30:32 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
... the strong noise bands were caused by Luxembourg effect (ionospheric crossmodulation) from a strong LF or MF broadcasting transmitter onto the DCF39 carrier. When the "heater" is modulated by music, the spectrum often shows distinct bands related to the tones of the musical scale. Attached is a grabber snapshot just after 2:10, with DF colours rotated to bluegreen. The band near 137.78 kHz is clearly visible.

Despite some distant QRN, very good signals from XKO and WD2XKO were visible through most of the night, with the last "J" coming through as late as 9:15.

Kind regards
Markus, DF6NM

----- Original Message ----- From: ""Jean-Pierre Méré (F1AFJ)"" <[email protected]>