RE: LF: 500 Khz modes

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: 500 Khz modes
From: "Gary - G4WGT" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 19:22:39 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
John,

You wrote :-

"Aren't RTTY, SITOR etc. "Radiotelegraphy" modes?

Morse coded, ON-OFF keyed, carrier is one, but not the only,
"radiotelegraphy" mode."

Exactly - The following is a description from the Encyclopedia Britannica :-

Radiotelegraphy - communications

Radio communication by means of Morse Code or other coded signals. The radio
carrier is modulated by changing its amplitude, frequency, or phase in
accordance with the Morse dot-dash system or some other code. At the
receiver the coded modulation is recovered by an appropriate demodulator and
the code groups are converted into the corresponding symbols. In many
instances the symbols are generated by a computer and modem rather than with
a manual telegraph key.

Gary - G4WGT.