Re: LF: RE: DEGEN 1103

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: RE: DEGEN 1103
From: Roman RW3ADB <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 23:48:39 +0300
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Alberto & LF!

* Alberto di Bene <[email protected]> [Thu, 04 Dec 2008 20:43:27 +0100]:
I read here comments about the (lack of) sensitivity of the Degen 1103
when receiving DCF77
or other signals below 100 kHz. What is the magic spell to convince it
to go below 100 kHz ?
If I manually enter, let's say, 80, then press the AM button, it says
Err  in the display...
If I tune downward, when trespassing the 100 kHz limit, it goes at
107.95 FM....

The russian origin "How to "open" 1103 b4 100 kHz and more 30 MHz":
http://mods.radioscanner.ru/degen/mod29/

The google text translation: (excuse, web-translator banned onto radioscanner.ru)

Interesting information about the possibility DE1103 take less than 100 kHz was published on the Internet. It has been said about this on our pages (in fact, has found a way to enhance reception of above 30 MHz - thanks to a separate party luv). People receiver built into their offspring hidden talent, the key to that quickly spread through the worldwide network. Enjoy a party that is a refinement manipulations need only receiver on the keyboard, without disassembly. The process «disclosure» band reception in DE1103 interesting in itself, and the result is of admirable idea (a joke?) Engineers, to expand an already extensive border radio in DE1103. Many owners of the receiver of the number of visitors to the site successfully reiterated that «disclosure».

Below is a guide to expand the range of receiving less than 100 kHz.

1. Turn on the receiver and configure it to the frequency of 21951 kHz direct dial on the numeric keypad (2-1-9-5-1 - «BAND»). 2. Press two buttons: «BAND-» and «BAND» before crawling down the frequency. 3. Wait for approaching the current frequency scanning to the low end of the reception of 100 kHz (this can take a decent time). Do not touch all the time valkoder - his touch and stop scanning process will repeat again. When scanning reaches the lower limit of 100 kHz and move it, be careful. Now you need to stop the scan by pressing any button or turning valkodera. Display frequencies below 100 kHz will be three-digits, for example, 50 kHz:

<The pic>

4. It should write this or any frequencies below 100 kHz in cell memory: hold «STORE», then turn by valkoder number of memory cells, release and then again «STORE». Better to use a cell at the beginning of the bank - more convenient for future use.
Note: choose recorded frequency (adjust to it) needs only valkoderom.

For «disclosure» above 30 MHz the following steps:

1. Turn on the receiver and configure it to the frequency of 21951 kHz by direct dial on a digital keyboard (2-1-9-5-1 - «BAND»). 2. Press two buttons: «BAND-» and «BAND» before the start crawling down the frequency. 3. Stop scan by pressing any button, then click «BAND» and hold it up to start crawling up the frequency. 4. Wait for achieving higher frequency 29950 kHz and stop crawling. Record the frequency of stops in any cell memory. 5. Call the recorded cell memory button «M / F» and go to the manual re-clicking this button. On display will be the previously recorded frequency, and the inscription «MEM» on the right side of the display is replaced by «VOL». 6. Start crawling up the frequency of Press and hold the button «BAND». Scanning move abroad 30 MHz (reading, the display will be the type of type «B0000», where the first character - turned the letter B). Note: You need to have time to stop crawling on the testimony of the display between «B0001» and «B0009» (30.001-30.009 MHz).

Now with the help of valkodera can be configured above. The main catch to stop scanning in the interim, and then adjust higher valkoderom «B0010». If you do not do this and do not stop scanning, then immediately after the frequency «B0010» (30.010 MHz) receiver moves to the band FM. The work will be wasted and will have to repeat the steps beginning with paragraph 5, so

7. After crawled Tune valkoderom stop at any frequency higher than «B0010» and record it convenient for future use cell memory.

Now with the help of valkodera can be configured above. The main catch to stop scanning in the interim, and then adjust higher valkoderom «B0010». If you do not do this and do not stop scanning, then immediately after the frequency «B0010» (30.010 MHz) receiver moves to the band FM. The work will be wasted and will have to repeat the steps beginning with paragraph 5, so

7. After crawled Tune valkoderom stop at any frequency higher than «B0010» and record it convenient for future use cell memory.

Now you can take DE1103 below 100 kHz and above 30 MHz. But the setting for these frequencies different from the conventional way of setting in DE1103. The frequency of «discovered» band can not dial direct input from the keyboard. Nor can it be to move into new ranges and using the change range «BAND-» or «BAND». You can only call pre-programmed cell memory with any «disclosed» frequencies below 100 Hz or above 30.010 MHz and pressing «M / F» switch to manual. Valkodera rotation or the inclusion of scanning can be set at the desired frequency, but if the difference between the frequency of «entry» from memory and frequency control much have to spend a lot of time to restructure. So add a few «round» frequency of separation (eg B0000 »,« B1000 »,« B2000 »...) in memory of the receiver for convenience and speed of future setup.

Need Is «uncovered» DE1103 reception in general? Each owner DE1103 decide for himself. Above 30 MHz in the settlements can be heard everyday phone, working with narrowband FM. In a small detuning able to clearly take this type of modulation in the AM. In some regions remained «People's business» transmitters in the band 33-38 MHz, also using a narrow World Cup.

Below 100 kHz really listen, perhaps the only one «sight» - signals the station master at the time, frequency, 66 (6) kHz. To do so would have to connect an external antenna connector to the receiver.

Incidentally, found that after the procedure «disclosure» receiving less than 100 kHz, you can choose the type of antenna used at frequencies up to 1710 kHz - internal magnetic or telescoping. The original factory option when setting below 1710 kHz always included magnetic antenna, telescoping antenna while turned off. The same rule remains in the «opened» DE1103 when setting it on the frequency 1710 kHz below the normal way (direct dial buttons to change frequencies or bands). But if «enter» to the disclosure below 100 kHz range by invoking the memory cell with «low» frequency, moving then to the manual re-pressing «M / F», as described above, the reception will be made on the telescopic antenna. In follow-setting valkoderom higher frequency of admission to the telescopic antenna remains. Return to the magnetic antenna is made as soon as tuning to the frequency 1710 kHz below the usual way - via a digital set or a button-shift range.

Note that in the «old» DE1103 during a reception on a magnetic antenna (for frequencies below 1710 kHz) at any time you can switch to an external antenna, by its mere inclusion in the antenna connector. You can also come in the «new» DE1103 with a finalized jack. But in nedorabotannom factory receiver new version to use an external antenna below 1710 kHz will fail. Only after «disclosure» receiving less than 100 kHz in the «new» DE1103 an opportunity to shift magnetic telescopic antenna on to the above methods, and only then, can be signs of external antenna connected to the connector instead of telescoping. How to find a way to connect external DV / CB antenna harder in practice, not to mention the obviously sad behavior «new» DE1103 factory with an external antenna.

TNX

PS-
My DE-1103 working well from 1 kHz to 100 kHz. Used an external ant input only into "open" variant.
I copy RBU 66.6 kHz near Moscow well 2 "briks" on s-meter.
I copy well DCF-39, HGA-55. Tryed to copy QRSS-3 on 505 kHz well and RN3AGC signals on 137.777.5 kHz well. Russian op's tryed to copy DCF-77 in EU russia into "clear" place into forests. The results was well.
(I'm do not copy DCF-77 in Moscow as well)
Tryed to copy 18-27 kHz rtty too with good results.
I hope trying to copy SAQ next transmission on DE-1103.
My 80m's band sloper not so good antenna for LF/MF, but I copy all these signals.

DE-1103 working well up to 35-39 MHz as usual. My variant working up to 37.5 But I copy a old cordless phones in NFM into AM wide mode over 30 Mhz only.

73  Alberto  I2PHD

--
Roman RW3ADB.