LF: More on Admittance

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: More on Admittance
From: Peter Dodd <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 18:55:37 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

Many thanks to those who responded to my question regarding an Admittance to Impedance converter. I have a further question. Since most of the measurements we make on antennas and transmission line require the answer in term of impedance why are there so many commercial instruments calibrated in units of Admittance, particularly at VHF and UHF. I suspect that it is because it is easier to make accurate variable bridge standards if they use a parallel arrangement; is this true
Regards

Peter, G3LDO

The best program (as far as I am concerned) is called Z-Y Converter, which was sent to me by Rik Strobbe. It came direct because it gave the reflector indigestion although it is only 160KB. I was given a General Radio 1602-B Admittance Meter as a pre Christmas present, which is calibrated in millimhos, which I guess is the same as millisiemens.