Re: LF: Re: Beacons from Eu / UK

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Beacons from Eu / UK
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 22:53:16 -0000
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MIMEOLE; b=AgWbyHRaAoAO53gpX6Q2gs1oNKseEl6KZcijsmjb2YT5l8XooCq6Ekk7EGJ96axLlPkexYw7c7S8ZqY/e/USNNECrCDGP2j9uUH58Iy/lAs9zd9T1xyUOkq4C+jbgB/6IxAiQ/5/P2XRXV5q+K+8lig2WyV31UU/PTI8nB2JIMA= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Warren I dont think anything will prevent TA on 136 but it will become
more difficult as the Sun becomes more active. The original crossings on
136kHz  were made near the last Solar max, but it was necessary to select a
favourable time, or be very lucky. Large flares and associated CMEs lead to
increased path loss often for weeks. Good periods have been much more
prevalent during the last 12 months and there have been few major
geomagnetic events.
1 watt ERP is probably that marginal, higher powers are probably more likely
to succeed more often.

Another factor which muddies things is then when the first crossings were
made we only have 3sec dot available via Robert Horne's Spectrogram.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK