LF: RE: RE: 3C85/90 Toroids

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: RE: 3C85/90 Toroids
From: "Michael Probert" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 22:52:18 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

T130-2 and T200-2 are both available from www.sycomcomp.co.uk

73

Mike GW4HXO

From: owner-[email protected] [mailto:owner-[email protected]] On Behalf Of Dave G3WCB
Sent: 19 November 2008 22:11
To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: 3C85/90 Toroids

As well as the famous Phillips 3C85 material, I find that Micrometals toroids type  T130-2 (1.3 inch) and T200-2 (2-inch) toroids work quite well at 137 kHz. I bought some from a stall at Kempton Park rally, and I'll post the name of the vendor here just as soon as I can remember who it was! You can also use air-cored solenoid windings for these inductors, but if you use wire that is too thin, they will also heat up as the circulating currents within the LPF can be quite high.

Look out for them at rallies if you get the chance. The T130-2 and T200-2 toroids are coloured red with one grey cheek.

Good luck and 73

Dave G3WCB IO91RM