LF: 500 kHz activity

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 500 kHz activity
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 22:04:10 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hello group,

maybe I am wrong, but the momentary lack of activity maybe a seazonal thing.
At least it is for me.
During the summer months:
- nights are short, so ionosheric propagation starts late and stops early
- QRN is (often) high
- (ground)losses increase (in my case from 50 Ohm in february to 85 Ohm now)
- there are lot's of other things (not ham related) that need attention
So for the next 2 months 500kHz activity will be close to non-existent, but I will be back in autumn. And I hope not to be the only one ...

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T