LF: Re: X-band 500 / 137 tonight?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: X-band 500 / 137 tonight?
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 01:06:43 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Mal,

thank you very much for my first MF/LF crossband QSO - this was a great pleasure indeed. Actually during my second transmission, the strongest local noise source went off, and I could make out your signal aurally quite well. So I tried to call again in CW, but probably didn't make it through the statics on 137.

Many thanks also to Roman and Marco who sent good screenshots from both ends of the contact.

Setting up the rig here was a little adventurous. The little DE-1103 radio is fed by a parallel resonant circuit and a diode limiter. It is now capacitively coupled to the TX antenna by a short open ended piece of wire, placed in the proximity of the high side of the loading coil - hoping the 3 cm gap would hold 15 kV transmit voltage.

At the moment, I have perfect CW copy from both GI4DPE and GI3PDN.

Best wishes

Markus, DF6NM