Re: LF: Kevlar guy rope for radiating mast ? conductive ?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Kevlar guy rope for radiating mast ? conductive ?
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 22:33:38 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Ok Warren,

Its the kevlar - carbon fiber - that i'm concerned about .. has it any dialectric properties in the hf spectrum ? I could do with geting hold of a lenght , see if it passes the microwave oven test ?

When you say for antenna use , you mean as support rope / insulator / element configuration ?

Ive got to drop the mast ( 2 x 20 ft alloy poles) and replace the top section , so want to re-guy it at the same time , the mast is on a insulted mount and also supports the wire antennas,

G ..

----- Original Message ----- From: <[email protected]>