LF: LF Receiver

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: LF Receiver
From: Laurence KL1X <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 01:42:12 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
I have a couple here and they are used as general receivers +24, and proven hard to beat in most envirions. Not as good as the TS870 on 137, but there again nothing has beaten it signal handling wise inc the 850. I have one R75 with a TXCO and one without - not much difference at LF given the divide by.

I dont think I would sell them if thats a recommendation - filtering and general signal handling are good to very good unless your real close to something with V/m; then a bit of preselection sorts the issues. Filter selection is slightly complicated but thats just me being slow at times.

Laurence

Hi all,
Do many people on the list use an Icom IC-R75?
It's specs read ok to my way of looking, AGC fast, slow or off. Attenuator. 2 level pre amp. Dynamic range and frequency range seem good. Room for 2 optional filters.
I don't see a spec for frequency stability - does anyone have any comments.

73's

Nic McLean

VK2KXN / VK5ZAT

Shed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser! Learn more. =