Re: LF: RE: [500] GM4SLV Grabber

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: [500] GM4SLV Grabber
From: John Pumford-Green GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 14:18:08 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 06:37:29 +0100
Lubomír Bobalík <[email protected]> wrote:

> I am sure, you will repair the destroy aerial and grabber will be
> available soon.

Thanks for your kind words Lubos!

I have put up a short, untuned, vertical of approx 5m height and am
feeding this to the RX that runs the grabber. The signals are not as
strong as usual, but I see DI2AM (and some local QRM) on the waterfall
at 1400UTC.

I have restored the grabber to normal, 5 minute updates, but please
ensure you use the following URL:-

http://www.gm4slv.org.uk/grabber.htm

I hope to restore the antenna to its full height, and to resonate/match
it, when I can get a replacement section of the telescopic fibreglass
pole. Until then I might have to lower the antenna in bad weather, as
it's only guyed at one level and might be a bit unstable in high winds.

Regards,

John
GM4SLV