LF: Keyboard modes for 600 meters

To: 600 meter group <[email protected]>, "Discussion of the Lowfer (US, European, &amp; UK) and MedFer bands" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Keyboard modes for 600 meters
From: John Andrews <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 20:20:59 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

As many of you know, Jay Rusgrove and I have been running tests on a variety of keyboard modes for use in the 500 kHz area. Our focus has been on modes that work well for casual QSO's and possibly emergency communication. Resistance to noise and fading has been a prime consideration.

While this is a work in progress, I have posted an article at:
http://www.w1tag.com/600M_Modes.htm

Comments and suggestions are welcome. Thanks very much to all who have participated in the tests!

John Andrews, W1TAG / WE2XGR/3