LF: RE: 500kHz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: 500kHz
From: "John W Gould" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:21:37 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Dom, thanks for raising the issue of the NoV, as I guess others are keen to
know where we all stand.

RSGB, at its quarterly meeting with Ofcom last September, raised the issue
of NoV extension, as well as requesting an increase of ERP.   As you may
recall several of the correspondents on this reflector provided me with some
useful material for our case.  Ofcom commented then that they would need to
gain a view from the primary user, Maritime and Coastguard Agency, as well
as wait until the outcome of WRC-07 was known.  I view that as sensible,
since apart from the small matter of RR5.83 that prohibited non-distress use
of the band 495-505kHz, there was an WRC agenda item concerning maritime use
of the spectrum in this area of interest.  We had a further quarterly
meeting with Ofcom last week and we were told that they would be making an
announcement concerning the matter during the first half of February.

There is nothing that individual NoV holders need to do apart from wait
patiently!

As far as your own NoV is concerned I suggest that you progress it again - I
haven't seen the application.

73 John, G3WKL
RSGB HF Manager

[email protected]