Re: LF: -HELP- MMANA-GAL Antenna analyzer .... can anyone'code' an ar

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: -HELP- MMANA-GAL Antenna analyzer .... can anyone'code' an array ?
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 21:34:41 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Graham,

the load (= loading coil) is at a rather unusual place: at the top of the vertical wire. Or to be exact, one segment below the top. If you want the load just above the feeding point just change "w1e1" into "w1b1" (= one segment from the bottom).

The "trick" with MMANA is that wires only interconnect at their ends, so the correct interconnection between a single vertical wire and multiple horizontal wires is a bit tricky and need an number of short wires.

Regarding earth: any wire at zero height is considered to be grounded. So no need to worry about that. As mentioned by G3YMC ground(loss) is not taken into account for the impedance conculations. In my opinion this is a good thing, as this allows to calculate the radiation resistance even al low efficiency. At 136kHz and even at 500kHz it would be hard to calculate the losses as greenery often plays a much larger role the soil. Beyond that the waves penetrate that deep into the soil that only in very few cases you can assume the ground is a uniform layer.

73, Rik  ON7YD

Quoting Graham <[email protected]>:

Ok Thanks for that Rik,

Thats the basic layout , ive only 2 top wires , but thats the layout ..
I see you have a load defined in the geometry listing , but where on
the ae is it located ? , I found one post on the user group , where a
element could be given a short  lenght and have inductance added to  it
.. that way you could control where the coil  was placed

My ae has the 'coil' at the 90 deg bend , top of the vertical section ,
if i could work out how to  add that, I  would be half way there ! the
earth system would be the other half  hihi

Tnx

Graham ..

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>