Re: LF: -HELP- MMANA-GAL Antenna analyzer .... can anyone'code' an ar

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: -HELP- MMANA-GAL Antenna analyzer .... can anyone'code' an array ?
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 19:49:36 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Spurred on by you two I have just revisited MMANA-GAL with the
simulation of my 500kHz vertical - pretty similar to your top loaded
designs but without any top loading. I have shown it resonates
(approximately at the correct frequency) and my model (attached)
shows how to add a loading coil (in my case at 1m height) and base
fed with the source.

I have now found out that all NEC models do not use the ground
characteristics in calculating impedance, they only use them for the
radiation plots. Hence you will see that mine has a resistive
impedance of 0.136 ohms which is just the radiation resistance. When
you have 50-100 plus of earth losses this will of course add to the
impedance and makes the use of the program for impedance matching and
efficiency calculations effectively useless.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com