LF: Re: E-field probes.

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: E-field probes.
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 16:36:04 -0000
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btopenworld.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=vEabnYGCQUObdJ8W4wk2XdXfODyRxSIu+s9vwbn56QAPpruBvRO4F4wEpNejbSNKOPtx/h7pVT4aUIiHXiNVRNIH3v190hF0HioZj+egPeZZmf/zocaTiTPdNFG2+lbYC0m9dVQxpa5CqiAtnRnw3b9WyhX5eJRWA6ClNknfpzQ= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Dear David, LF Group,

There are plenty of broadband active whip designs that will work up to 30MHz or more, mostly depending on the amplifier bandwidth. I imagine an issue with using such a design on a satellite would be that it would have to work in close proximity to VHF/UHF transmitters, which would be likely to grossly overload the whip preamp without some sort of selectivity at the antenna, so some kind of  tuned whip or loop might be more appropriate. Another possibility might be to design a diplexer/receive preamp to make use of an existing higher frequency antenna element as the 29MHz receive antenna.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU