LF: Re: Grabber

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Grabber
From: "Holger 'Geri', DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 10:22:56 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Just some further comments: I am talking about the GM4SLV-grabber
(http://www.gm4slv.org.uk/grabber.htm).

I used to have a measured 1.7 mW ERP with a more or less unknown antenna
current. Using some of the the recent observations of  Jim, M0BMU and some
of Rik's (ON4YD) formulas I estimate that the radiation resistance of my 8 m
vertical with an 8 m horizontal top load radial to be in the 70 mOhm range.
I have increased the antenna current now to 1 Ampere which corresponds to an
ERP of about 70 mW. I will try to make some field measurments later to
confirm this. Anyhow, the powe is sufficient to be copied by John's grabber
from time to time.

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW / DI2BO