Re: LF: CLASS D and E

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: CLASS D and E
From: Piotr Młynarski <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 16:28:57 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

hamilton mal wrote:

Hi all
Class D and E amplifiers are supposed to give around 80/90 % efficiency. Has
anyone actually achieved these figures. It seems anything above 60% is hard
to arrive at using normal coils/capacitors.

73 de  Mal/G3KEV

Hi Mal, LF group

iin my design of class E 137 kHz PA using DC power of 27V and I = 6A i got 220 V(p-p) into 48 Ohm test load so this yields around 78% efficiency. i've used polyprop capacitors and PVC pipes for all windings.

all necessary calc. were made using Nathan Sokal's equations in the QEX Jan/Feb 2001 magazine. also I HAVE TO mention the work of Alan, G3NYK; Mike, GW4HXO and Finbar EI0CF presented on Alan web site.
i've made a great use of  their work and experience. thank you :)
73, peter,sq7mpj