Re: LF: CLASS D and E

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: CLASS D and E
From: John Pumford-Green GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 12:57:53 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 12:28:05 -0000
"hamilton mal" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi all
> Class D and E amplifiers are supposed to give around 80/90 %
> efficiency. Has anyone actually achieved these figures. It seems
> anything above 60% is hard to arrive at using normal coils/capacitors.
>
> 73 de  Mal/G3KEV

Hello Mal & LF,

The best I've acheived with Class-E has been about 70-75%. I understand
that you're supposed to select values of components and tune the o/p
stage for best efficiency at your chosen DC supply volts and target
power. Away from these points the efficiency won't be optimum.

70% is easily acheived by careful tuning. 80% and better has eluded me
so far.

Cheers,

John

--