LF: MF CONDX

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: MF CONDX
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:52:19 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all
Condx on both 600 and 160m have been poor this past few days, nothing hrd
from W/VE last night/early this morning at this qth. It seems the vy
favourable condx on the 12/13/14 th have fizzled out for the time being.
It looks like 600 is similar in many ways to 160. I have been active on 160
m for a long time and for example have worked VE7/KL7/W6/W7 early morning on
a particular day only to find the next morning the propagation to those
places does not exist, at times I have heard W stns S9 plus here in the
morning gone daylight and a few days later I cannot hear any at all.
My observations on 600 m so far this autum indicate similarities to 160m.
The situation on LF 136 khz is different, condx do vary but are more
consistant, perhaps this band should be exploited more, but it now seems
deserted in favour of 500 khz. The 73 khz band was getting popular and had
good potential for consistancy just when the permits were withdrawn.
The above information is my experience to date, meanwhile I am monitoring
closely for a big opening and hope to have a qso with some of those stations
active in the USA. I just need a good tail wind.
73 de Mal/G3KEV/IO94SH/Scarborough