Re: LF: QSW/QTV

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QSW/QTV
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 14:55:00 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi all,

the use of QSW by Mal was correct.

The meaning of QTV is misunderstood. In the "good old times" we used it in the fishery fleet in the sence:

"Could you take over my watch duties?" or "Shall I take over your duties?"

or affirmativ

"Pls take over my listening watch" or "I will take over your watch duties".

E.g.:

There are 2 or more vessels on the same fishing ground having stable vhf-contact. The radio officer of one of the vsls has an urgent other job to do, for instance repairs on navigational or sonar equipment. So he asks an other r/o of the fleet "qtv?". If positive answered the other r/o will stand listening watch for his colleague on 500 kcs and/or other freqs and inform him by vhf if necessary.

73

  &nb sp;  Joerg, DL3NRV