Re: LF: Local AM transmitter on PC output

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Local AM transmitter on PC output
From: "Andy Talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 17:09:26 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=rw8eLAV3CLFRCQNHJ+Waqphc0i1ZCVyXwBAGBuWawg8=; b=Ghj5JuYLMRBuUmIOS3qP0KkMmod0IzcWxGAz1jx9oJ0UoVheKKU0bIezY5aZPCmHZ1aIyOMrxHkHOnLujkH3omgv20TTNKqAxfnqdVRDKuyepClLUAw9bbkQLyIftJFckiKAy6Wod90+IJmFIOTbAJB9RY8QoIma2YaHqX+tdUc=
Sender: [email protected]
OK, Tnx.
Its definitely Fareham then,  the MF mast only 5.5km away, on the top
of a hill and visible from the A27, near the M27 Junction.  Wondered
what that mast was radiating.

At 5500m,  1kW ERP works out 2.6uW /m^2,  or 31.5mV/m here, so I'm not
too surprised its that strong.   Now to filter the soundcard output.
 On the output of the upconverter chip, at 1.3GHz, I was seeing strong
sidebands at 1.2MHz and at first thought they were a sprog.  But it
was just the upconverter doing its job!

Andy  G4JNT