Re: LF: Local AM transmitter on PC output

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Local AM transmitter on PC output
From: Tony Magon <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 01:39:39 +1000
Sender: [email protected]

Andy

Virgin AM has a local transmitter at Fareham. Its only 1kw, but it puts in a very strong signal around the area. Have monitored it using a remote receiver at Gosport.

Regards

Tony VK2IC

Andy Talbot wrote:
While testing an IQ upconverter chip, I discovered I've got several
tens of millivolts of Virgin AM on 1215kHz coming out of my PC's audio
output.  There is enough signal to see it on a frequency counter and
view the AM on a scope.

Text inserted by Panda IS 2008:

 This message has NOT been classified as spam. If it is unsolicited mail (spam), click
on the following link to reclassify it:
http://localhost:6083/Panda?ID=pav_1015&SPAM=true&path=C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Administrator\Local%20Settings\Application%20Data\Panda%20Software\AntiSpam