LF: Re: Re: 500kHz Receivers

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: 500kHz Receivers
From: "Martin Evans." <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 10:53:54 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

My TS850 performs well at 500Kc/s and the modification at http://www.radiomods.co.nz/kenwood/kenwoodts850.html to remove the MF attenuator is a simple one taking a few minutes. It is even simpler than described because at Stage 9, you do NOT need to remove the RF board. Simply solder a jumper on the track side of the board.
Tom G3OLB

I'll second Tom - it's just a simple jumper job - definitely no need to lift the board. Longest time is removing the screws from the case.

I've got a TS950sd as well, and this is much the same performance on 500kHz as the TS850 if it's set to 499kHz and then tuned past 500kHz with the IRT.

Martin

GW3UCJ

Swansea.