Re: LF: 500kHz photos?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 500kHz photos?
From: Peter Dodd <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 23:38:10 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Mike,

Trust you are keeping well.

I use an HF multiband quad on the LF bands by using the quad and feeder fed against ground using an ATU. This arrangement also works on 500kHz with a gain of aproximately -20dBi. This setup would be no good on 136kHz It works fine on receive but I havent tried it with a transmitter as yet but I feel confident that it would work with the current ERP restrictions.. I have a photos of the antenna and the ATU plus an analysis plot of matching using the AIM1740.
Are you interested?

Peter, G3LDO
I am producing a new edition of my book "LF Today" in conjunction with Jim, M0BMU. This edition will also cover the experimental "500kHz" allocation and I am looking for illustrations.

If anyone has photographs of their 500kHz stations, antennas, matching systems, portable operation etc, please send them to my direct e-mail address below (not through this reflector). Of course, any pictures of 136kHz stations would also be useful. Please state the band when sending the picture.

Thanks in advance.

Mike, G3XDV
[email protected]