LF: Re: 500 Birmingham Grabber!

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: 500 Birmingham Grabber!
From: "Mark" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 08:15:45 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi all,
A little quieter last night on 500Khz, but conditions still OK
I worked Finbar 579 with almost no QSB during the day . We had a long chat on the key (something I have almost never done) all my CW operation in VHF , microwave and moonbounce and is very 'rubber stamp' albeit often at very low signal levels. John GM4SLV replied to by CQ later in the evening. To start with I had 100% copy, but the QSB took a bite out of signals and the QSO ended. A little modification was then done to my exciter, putting a socket for connection of an external 8MHz source. I am now driving the exciter with about 10mW of 8MHz from a Softmark DDS. This gives me full frequency agility on the band, and I am no longer rock-bound I called CQ for a while, I heard a faint something at one point, but no QSOs.. by midnight my signal on the Birmingham grabber was getting quite strong, but of course no activity. hand sent my call on QRSS at one stage, .. must build an interface to the PC :<)
Should be on tonight, looking for anyone to try a QSO with, and observing
73s
Mark GM4ISM

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Pumford-Green GM4SLV" <[email protected]>