Re: LF: 500 Birmingham Grabber!

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 500 Birmingham Grabber!
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 07:07:05 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On 26 Sep 2007 at 22:24, John Pumford-Green GM4SLV wrote:

> After a few CQ calls I've put a QRSS transmission on 502.2 for a few
> ninutes and see my signal on Dave's grabber in Birmingham. That must
> be a first for me!?

I briefly listened on the band around 2115z before turning in. I
heard one of your CQ calls down here in Bracknell, 549 solid copy.
Didn't have time to get the rig turned on to call you (and no doubt
you wouldn't have heard my 5mW erp anyway...). A few minutes later
there was some QRSS on around the same frequency peaking 579, not
sure whether that was you or somebody else (don't have the patience
to sit listening to the dots I am afraid...). There seemed to be a
higher than normal QRN local noise problem though so didn't linger.
The usual crop of beacons, G0MRF and GI4DPE (good 599) and others.

Now that the winter nights are approaching QSOs over this sort of
distance will be coming the norm.

73 Dave G3YMC IO91PJ

http://www.davesergeant.com