Re: LF: A question of calibration

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: A question of calibration
From: "Malcolm Harman" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 12:56:51 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Andy.

Interesting, have a look at
http://www.rsgb-spectrumforum.org.uk/radiation_theory.htm where via the 500kHz section (so presumably meant for electrically small antennas) it says "It is generally well known that the far-field is predominantly a radiation field; this is certainly true when the distance is greater then 10 x lambda/2pi." So there seems to be a factor of 10 difference from your equation.

So using the RSGB paper, far field equates to 955 metres. Since the CCIR curves for LF/MF propagation give 3mV/m at 1km for 100mW erp and is within the distance ground conductivity has much effect, that's where I have been measuring.

73 Malcolm
(G3NZP)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Talbot" <[email protected]>