Re: LF: Re: 500 Beacons

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 500 Beacons
From: John Pumford-Green GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 10:22:35 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 09:40:44 +0100
"Tom Boucher" <[email protected]> wrote:

> No testing until later today as otherwise occupied, but John, I would
> like to carry out some more tests using your grabber. Also discovered
> Dave 'YXM's grabber yesterday which is most useful.

Tom & LF group,

My grabber will be running continuously - although often showing my
local TX signal, and ofter the freq. calibration is wrong if I switch
the RX to CW mode rather than USB

http://www.sighthound.demon.co.uk/pshed/gm4slv_speclab.jpg

> SM and DL beacons are easiily audible here after dark.

I can still see and hear DI2AM at the moment 10:17 Local time.

I heard G3DXZ calling CQ earlier on 502.0. Despite several tries
at calling him I got no response, then he too disappeared.

I think my low noise level in rural Shetland allows me to hear signals
better than I radiate from my short vertical!

John, GM4SLV, Shetland IO90gg