Re: LF: [500]: GM4SLV - report

To: [email protected], Finbar <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: [500]: GM4SLV - report
From: John Pumford-Green GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 23:55:16 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 23:35:32 +0100
"Dave G3WCB" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi, John.
>
> Clear traces of your signals during your QSO with Finbar. See
> attached grab. You are very slightly HF of Finbar on 502.429.
>
> I was able to catch one or two characters by ear as well. Make that
> an RST "129", then!
>
> 73, Dave G3WCB IO91RM

Dave, LF, Finbar

Thanks for the screengrab and report Dave!

Yes I agree I was a bit HF, I rapidly retuned from 503.? where I'd
been beaconing in QRSS to ~502.5 when I heard him calling me - didn't
quite net exactly!

I did a bit of antenna work yesterday and seem to have improved things.
I now have 11m vertical with 4 sloping top loading wires (previously
only 8m vertical) and many more radials. I can get 0.9A of RF now when
previously I could only get 0.6A. Added to the extra height this all
adds about 4dB to my ERP - I can now actually achieve 100mW.

I got the best ever report from Finbar tonight - and had a good 2 way
QSO.

I'm now off to bed, after a tiring afternoon running 9 miles of hilly
Shetland roads followed by a session in the pub afterwards watching
rugby and drinking Guinness.

Cheers,

John GM4SLV