LF: LF Sferics [was 500kHz - GI3PDN]

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: LF Sferics [was 500kHz - GI3PDN]
From: "Julian Hardstone" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 01:57:36 +0100
Authenticated-sender:
Sender: [email protected]
It's always impressive how strong those dx sferics are - this weekend there were no storms exactly 'local' to the British Isles, but the QRN levels were high. I keep an eye on wetterzentrale.de at http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/Rsfloc.gif or http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/Rsfloc3.gif Unfortunately these do not seem to be archived anywhere, but here's one I grabbed today, showing activity in the Baltic, Bay of Biscay and Hungary
http://www.hostmyfile.co.uk/?code=904ec7287afefb35659d9b94f37e4d1f

----- Original Message ----- John wrote:

Just attempted my usual 11pm sked with Finbar.

Initially seemed not too bad but high QRN crashes, and deep QSB soon
took its toll and we called it a day.
(snip)
Oh well - roll on winter and the end of the summer lightning season!