LF: Ankara Ops

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Ankara Ops
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 19:08:06 -0800
Bcc:
Sender: [email protected]
Jim Alan and John - thanks - I cant remember seeing Ankara before but ang on a mom, perhaps the old gray matter remembers it from 9M6 - certainly it was East of here. Ankara it is! - being roughly on the equator North and South is the easy bit..

Ive taken down the loop for the time being as after inspecting the buildings lightning conductor condition - or lack of it - Im taking too much risk being the highest thing for the nearest 0.5mile - no cone of protection from anything worthwhile. So all the antennaes are on retractable fishing rods either 8, 11 or 13m varieties off the back balcony. Retractable, given the huge amounts of lightning is probably a reasonable insurance policy.

Ankara DCF39 and Budapest were all within a few dBs of each other and Im wondering if Budapest 135.43 is on lower power at the moment as In not getting my normal 7-10dB delta here over DCF39.

Ill have the windows 505.1 and 137.775-781 again tonight weather pending and load to the web site as normal

Laurence 9V1 LF
http://kl1x.com
thunderstorm 34C