Re: LF: RE: 500 v 136

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: 500 v 136
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:57:17 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On 19 Jul 2007 at 9:56, John GM4SLV wrote:

> Can anyone give me a clue as to how long OFCOM/RSGB take to process
> the SRP applications. I posted mine on Wed 4th July, so it's been 2
> weeks and counting.

Mine came back within just a few days, but that was back in April.

Most of you on here will by now know my opinion of QRSS and I do seem
to be in the minority. Down here in the south there is enough
activity at times but it does vary. After sorting out my antenna/tx
problems yesterday I promptly had no less than 3 QSOs so I was well
pleased. I can never see the point of beaconing in any mode 24/7 and
I am sure it puts some people off. Down here many signals are STRONG
and it takes up valuable bandwidth, meaning if there are more than
say a couple of people who want seperate CW QSOs there ain't much
space with 400Hz filters. Like Mal I also lost interest in 136 when
it went that way and tend to agree with him that 500k is going the
same way. Let us use it for real experimentation rather than one or
two people transmitting (probably nowhere near the shack) and the
rest just licenced listeners.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com