Re: LF: 500kHz screen grabs.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 500kHz screen grabs.
From: John GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 10:41:11 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 10:09:38 +0100
"Dave Pick" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Very good John.
>
> I switched off the beacon at 0830 local. Seems as if the best copy
> you had was around 2230 (utc?/local?)

Hello Dave, LF

Yes there was a period around that time when all 3 of your were strong
and stable. The times on the screenshots are in UTC (the radio PC is
set to UTC to eliminate doubt!)

It's only really dark here between 2200z and 0200z. It was getting
light, and signals were starting to fade, when I went to bed at 0300
BST.

> I guess that's when it got
> "dark" up there? Would be interested to see what happened around dawn.

I can send you a zip file for each hour (12 pics per file) if you want.
They're about 2MB each. (And anyone else that's interested).

> Finbar is good on my grabber <http://wireless.org.uk/grab/> too but
> can't hear him.

He's still readable by ear here. There are some nasty static crashes
spoiling things though.

my grabber is still running at

http://www.sighthound.demon.co.uk/pshed/gm4slv_speclab.jpg

Cheers,

John

--
G-GRP-Club 2377, QRP-ARCI 12384, SKCC 3214
Member : RSGB, ARRL