Re: LF: 500 condx GW3UEP

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 500 condx GW3UEP
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 06:42:22 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On 26 Jul 2007 at 2:01, John GM4SLV wrote:

> I have a sound recording but my mp3 player/recorder is refusing to
> talk USB to the PC at the moment...perhaps I'll be able to extract it
> tomorrow.

Why use an mp3 player? Your pc is quite capable of playing mp3 files
all by itself. I use Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com) for
virtually everything these days, you need to download its plugins as
well. Windows Media Player will also do the job but I am no great fan
of that MS program. For recording I use Audacity (do a google), you
need to download its mp3 plugin seperately for licence reasons.

Note also that it you want to listen to the mp3's on my site you
should download them to your hard drive rather than playing them
online. Media Player in particular gets all upset about security if
you try and play them online.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com