LF: Back Home 502Khz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Back Home 502Khz
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 04:13:46 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
Hi All,

Just a short note to thank you all for calling/working Geoff and I on 502 Khz this weekend.

We had to come home early due to the weather and general dampness in the tents! On the bright side the friendly farmer has given us permission to use the site again which we do in August and for day only operations in Autumn and Winter.

The portable tcvr has receiving problems and we have dreamed up ways to improve this involving using the transmitter LPF. Geoff has taken the little box home and is currently attacking it with a soldering iron.

I now have to make another atu as front end preselection is  paramount with the large amount of MW breakthrough on the marsh from the Hoo BC transmitter.

Roger: Thanks for the audio clip

Finbar: Sorry we did not hear you.

Mal/Chris: Thanks for the reports

Dave: Great to work you - CW appreciated

The final antenna was 120' held up with just one kite as the other two broke free!

73

G3VTT & G3YVF