Re: LF: [500] G4GDR - Active on 500 kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: [500] G4GDR - Active on 500 kHz
From: CHRISTOPHER OSBORN <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 21:44:02 +0100 (BST)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Rog,

Just back from a few days away.
Thanks for Adrian's report which I've QSP'd.
No, I haven't received the MP3 file yet.

The ground system here is a single 2m copper pipe rammed into the earth at the bottom of the aerial vertical section.
The local water table is high and only about 2 feet down !!
I think my success is due to a 2.5 m x 10m metal corrugated roof which runs under the aerial top section !!

I often hear your beacon at good strength.

73 Chris XIZ

Chris, Adrian is usually identifiable here during day, similar to G3UNT, at MDS. You might like to QSP rprt.

Did you eventually get that MP3 file from last Sunday [XIZ/KEV].

Interesting F/S results & ur Tx info - only managing ~300mA [4W] here with high Input-Res / gnd loss ~40R, also tree/forest-loss.
You must have a FB gnd system.

72, Rog.