Re: Spam attack (Was LF: [500] G4GDR - Active on 500 kHz)

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Spam attack (Was LF: [500] G4GDR - Active on 500 kHz)
From: "Gary - G4WGT" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 14:42:19 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Rog & LF,

You wrote :-
"Emails have been lost due to spam attack."

Looks like it could be widespread as my ISP has had the same problem & I have not been able to send e-mails for a couple of weeks.

They wrote :-

"Email service update
A number of customers have reported that emails sent from their Tiscali email accounts have not been received.

We have identified that the issue was caused by spammers abusing our email service, and it has been our highest priority to resolve this. We believe that the service has been restored for the majority of our customers. Our engineers are continuing to carry out tests to ensure that the service is 100% restored."

I have been notified the problem is now resolved.

73

Gary - G4WGT - IO83qp