Re: LF: Rugby Loran to cease

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Rugby Loran to cease
From: "John RABSON" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 23:07:07 +0200
Cc: [email protected], [email protected]
Sender: [email protected]
This move will also be of great interest to cave radio users, although I have
not yet looked at the map to estimate the effect on cave-to-surface
communications.

Anyway, there is no substitute for experiment. May I ask people to measure the
Loran level on 87kHz USB before, during and after the move? As well as doing it
with your normal home antenna, it would be helpful if you could try an earthed
dipole (10 to 50 metres long with the ends earthed by skewers or tent pegs.
The receiver should for preference have a high input impedance).

If you could do some measurements in caving areas that would be even better!

Regards,
John Rabson
Cave Radio & Electronics Group
F5VLF/G3PAI