Re: LF: RE: Broad band QRM-500khz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Broad band QRM-500khz
From: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 17:56:05 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
In a message dated 18/06/2007 22:31:47 GMT Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:

It should be a fairly simple matter to build some telephone line low pass filters using a handful of inductors and capacitors and fitting to each line as close to the telephone system as possible. Has anyone on the group made such devices before we re-invent the wheel here?

I'm not familiar with this particular equipment but have used older Lucent internal exchanges that operated on a 4 wire system, 2 for analogue speech and 2 for system data lines, where filtering the data lines would not have been a good idea.

Later Lucent kit went back to a 2 wire system, but one that that was purely digital, the only place voice recorders, for example, would operate was straight off the handset, so again line filtering wouldn't be very helpful.

With more and more systems going digital it might be advisable to investigate this particular system further before starting to add any form of filtering to the lines.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR