Re: LF: M0BMU ERP on 500k

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: M0BMU ERP on 500k
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:58:19 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Jim,

based on radiation resistance it should be 13.5 times better on 504 kHz [ (504/137)^2 ]. I guess that the remaining factor of 4.4 [ 59/13.5 ] is due to lower losses on 504 kHz.

BTW:
Simulating your 10 x 40 m inv-L antenna on gives a radiation resistance of 0.36 Ohm on 504 kHz (versus 0.026 Ohm on 137 kHz).
With 0.4 A antenna current the radiated power is (should be) 58 mW.
Taking into account the theoretical gain of a short vertical (4.8 dBi / 2.6 dBd) the EIRP should be (have been) 173 mW EIRP or 105 mW ERP. It seems that even on 504 kHz still a lot of power is "absorbed" near the antenna.

73, Rik ON7YD