Re: LF: UK Activity - 500 kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: UK Activity - 500 kHz
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 16:36:37 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
In a message dated 13/05/2007 18:40:54 GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
Activity on 500 kHz seems to be falling off unfortunately with even weekends not attracting too much in the way of CW QSO's.
Evening QRSS operation seems quite lively however.

For interest I have now passed my 75th QSO on the 500 kHz band, having worked 17 stations, which are listed below:

Station        Contacts
G3KEV            14
M0FMT            10
G3AQC             8
G3VTT              8
G3UNT              6
GI3PDN             5
GI4DPE             5
G3YXM             4
G3GRO             3
G3ROO             3
G4GDR             3
GW3UEP          2
G3WCB             1
G3YMC             1
G0MRF             1
G3KZU              1
M0BMU             1

I have been compiling a spreadsheet of 500 kHz UK operators' stations details for my own use but is there an official list and if so where ?

According to my 'list' I have yet to work G3MRP, G3WGT, GW4HXO, G3XAQ and G3YVF.
Some of the above may still be in the 'building' stage.
Apologies for any omissions or errors.

73 Chris G3XIZ

HI Chris,

Thanks for the info. I can inform you G3YVF has built a DC transceiver but is rockbound on 502 but he has a poor antenna at home. He has been using an MF 'Paraset' with 6L6 co and a pair of 6SK7 's as det/audio but has since progressed to an NE602/LM386 receiver and a three transistor TX giving 5 watts or so with inbuilt ATU. Wea re both intending to use this in early June, in fact over the NFD weekend, on 502 with a kite antenna and salt water ground plane from the North Kent Marshes.

G3XAQ is currently about to wire up his TX but will no doubt give you details as he is on the reflector.

I am still running the three valve TX with a 2E26 with 5 watts and an ECF82 converter into the K2 tuning 3.501 to 3.504. The antenna is still the 40ft top wire and 30ft vertical section with a  206uH loading coil at the top.

I agree activity is down but that could be due, at least this weekend, to the eardrum bursting static. I intend to be around most early evenings this week and daytime.

73 to all

Colin  G3VTT