Re: LF: UK Activity - 500 kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: UK Activity - 500 kHz
From: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 03:50:18 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
In a message dated 14/05/2007 08:18:00 GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
In a message dated 14/05/2007 05:32:02 GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

As a point of interest, my NOV is specifically written for my home
QTH. Are we allowed to operate /P under the terms of the NOV?
Hi Dave.

My understanding is that no portable operation is allowed. So, no /P

However, like the old 73kHz NOVs, you can inform the local Ofcom office that you will be moving the operating site for a particular period of time.

Then you take the rquipment to wherever that is and use your normal callsign without the /P.

Regards

David
Hi All,

Geoff G3YVF included three NGR's in his application for portable sites and I've found the local 'Ofcom Field Office' address. (Reminds me of the old FCC Field Office in the '60's). They are welcome to come and check us out - well anybody is actually.

Look for us over the NFD Weekend. Refugees from contests always welcome...........

See you soon Dave YMC. The static here yesterday was awful.

73

G3VTT