Re: LF: UK Activity - 500 kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: UK Activity - 500 kHz
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 06:30:56 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On 13 May 2007 at 16:36, [email protected] wrote:

> Thanks for the info. I can inform you G3YVF has built a DC transceiver
> but  is rockbound on 502 but he has a poor antenna at home. He has
> been using an MF  'Paraset' with 6L6 co and a pair of 6SK7 's as
> det/audio but has since  progressed to an NE602/LM386 receiver and a
> three transistor TX giving 5 watts  or so with inbuilt ATU. Wea re
> both intending to use this in early June, in fact  over the NFD
> weekend, on 502 with a kite antenna and salt water ground plane  from
> the North Kent Marshes.

As a point of interest, my NOV is specifically written for my home
QTH. Are we allowed to operate /P under the terms of the NOV?

> I agree activity is down but that could be due, at least this
> weekend, to the eardrum bursting static. I intend to be around most
> early  evenings this week and daytime.

Not noticed any static here (though I did a couple of weeks ago). But
I got diverted yesterday by other things and by 10m sporadic E. Also
found that when it rains the change in antenna impedance causes the
TX to go unstable so need some time to sort that out as well. Hope to
work you soon Colin.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com