Re: LF: 500 propagation

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 500 propagation
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 09:01:03 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Alan,

I am listening and CQing on 502 for the next hour or so. Anybody about?

73

Colin G3VTT

In a message dated 23/05/2007 12:57:31 GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
Hi all, there was a geomagnetic event this morning and whilst small it is
likely to be extended to tomorrow as well. We have not really had such an
event yet whilst 500k permits have been active. I would be interested to
know from regular users and listeners whether the signal levels are enhanced
over your expectations (particularly around the middle of the day) or as I
suspect are weaker. 500k is different to 136k where the current conditions
could boost daytime signals slightly. I also think night-time signals may be
slightly weaker, similar to 136k.

Thanks and Cheers de Alan G3NYK