LF: Winrad V1.25

Subject: LF: Winrad V1.25
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 17:51:26 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Z-usanet-msgid: XID035LeEPzy0264X39
Today is the 31st of May, and Winrad V1.24 will stop working at midnight.
I have uploaded a new version, V1.25, only to the mirror site
http://www.winrad.org
as the main weaksignals site is temporarily unreachable via the FTP. Probably
they are doing some maintenance.

In addition to a prolonged expiration limit, the main changes of V.25 wrt V1.24
are the following :

- Audio buffers locked in memory, to prevent them from being swapped out in
case of RAM shortage.
- Implementation of an _experimental_ despreading functions, meant for 10 GHz
(and above) signals reflected from the
moon, with the consequent spreading of a few hundred Hz.  I have tested this
function only with synthetic signals
produced with the MWCW program set for 0 dB S/N ratio, as I don't have 10 GHz
EME capabilities.
Please bear in mind that this function is _experimental_ and far from being
final.
I will update this night or tomorrow the User Guide to fully explain how to use
this function.

As soon as the weaksignals site will be reachable again, I will update that
too. For the time being, please use the
mirror, thanks.

73  Alberto  I2PHD