LF: Re: Re: [Lowfer] Protecting E probe antennas in near field of LF TX

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: [Lowfer] Protecting E probe antennas in near field of LF TX antennas
From: "Dave Brown" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 12:13:10 +1300
Sender: [email protected]
Thanks for all the comments on this-Jay and the others.
Those of you who have a protective relay in service in an E probe-have you any recommendations to make as regards the mechanical layout?

Keeping the stray C to a minimum is obviously the main requirement, along with short ground path when the relay is shorting the E probe input. For maximum protection, isolating the probe antenna seems to also be desirable, which is why I was thinking along the lines of the Dow Key relay arrangement with a double sided spring loaded contact. But I guess any relay that has low stray and intercontact capacitance (contacts open) and reliable grounding via a short path (contacts closed) will do the trick.

73
Dave, ZL3FJ